NEW PATIENTSImad Daou
Daou Acupuncture clinic believes in the value of wellness care for you and your family. Our office accepts most insurance, cash, personal checks, and major credit cards. Payment is expected at the time of treatment. Call if you have any questions or to make an appointment.
First a full diagnosis must be performed. This can consist of pulse and tongue diagnosis, questions, or hara diagnosis (palpation). Once diagnosis is complete, the practitioner can choose the appropriate points selections and herbal formula to match the disease pattern.
With Traditional formulas, patients must report back to the Acupuncture Physician the results of the herbal therapy every 1-4 weeks. Adjustments can then be made to ensure the patient reaches the goal of mental, physical, emotional and spiritual balance.
Initial Treatment: 90 minutes to 120 minutes
Follow-up Treatment: 30 minutes to 60 minutes
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE
- Come with any questions you have, we’re here to help you.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing for easy access to acupuncture points.
- Don’t eat large meals just before or after your visit.
- Refrain from overexertion, drugs, or alcohol for up to 6 hours after the visit.
- Avoid stressful situation. Make time to relax and be sure to get plenty of rest.
- Between visits, take notes of any changes that you may have experienced.
Acupuncture is covered under most health care insurance plans. Please call us to verify your coverage.